Kayak Hanalei – Kayak Rentals
Explore The Beauty Of The Hanalei River And Hanalei Bay At Your Pace.....
Hanalei, Kauai – Kayak Rentals
Stop by our shop in Hanalei Town on Kauai’s North Shore right on the main highway for all of your kayak rental needs. We rent only high quality, well-maintained equipment to our customers. Kayak rentals can launch directly from our dock right on the Hanalei River so you don’t have to tie them onto your rental car and haul them to and from the water. Save time and energy by renting from Kayak Hanalei!
No Reservations Required
All rentals are first come, first served.
*Lifejackets & paddles included with all rentals
What To Bring:
- Footwear not required but participants may wear water shoes
- Swimsuit or clothing that can get wet
- Towel and a dry change of clothing
- Hat/Sunglasses (recommended but not required)
- Bottle of water
- Dry bag (available for rent)
- A life jacket is included and required for all participants
- Child & Adult adjustable paddles
- Kayak Seats
- SUP leash
- Land demonstration (upon request)
- Rentals are provided first come first served between 8am-3:45pm (no
- Weight limit: Single kayak 250lbs, Double kayak 500 lbs (250 lbs per seat),
SUPs <300 lbs (made for 1 person or 2 people if 1 participant is less than 75 lbs).
- Minimum age to participate on a rental is 3 years old and each participant requires their own seat (no lap sitters)
- Minimum age to paddle solo equipment is 12 years old. All minors require adult accompaniment.
- Participants must be in good physical condition and able to get in and out of their kayak on their own. This activity is not recommended for those with back, hip, or knee problems.
- No refunds once equipment departs from the dock.
- A credit card (MasterCard, Visa, or Discover) is needed for all rentals
- All rentals are good for 1 time departures. We do not provide in and out service. Rental is complete upon return to dock.
- All equipment will be due back to the dock by 5:30pm. Late fee of $100 for each piece of equipment returned after closing time.
- All equipment must be paddled back to the dock (no car topping). If a pick up is needed for any reason within Hanalei Bay or Hanalei River area a $100 fee will be charged per item. Pickups outside of Hanalei Bay or Hanalei River will incur additional fees.
Kayak Rental Prices**
We offer single & double kayaks. All kayaks are sit on top kayaks and have ample room for coolers & bags.
Weight capacity: 250lbs.
1PM Special: $40
1PM Special: $60
Launch From Our Private Dock
Our private dock gives you direct access to the Hanalei River without having to haul kayaks or deal with crowded parking lots. We’re the only North Shore kayak company offering this level of convenience. You also get access to our picnic and rest area with several great food options within walking distance.
Where to go?
We have two great routes you can access immediately upon entering the water from Dock Dynasty!
Explore Hanalei River Valley and Hanalei Bay
Slip into Hanalei River from our own private dock then head upstream passing under the Historic Hanalei Bridge on your way to the Hanalei National Wildlife Refuge where you’ll spot native birds. Cap the day off with a leisurely paddle downstream to Hanalei Bay where you’ll see Honu (sea turtles) and enjoy the warm golden sand beach.